Thursday, January 21, 2016

PB&J Brownies


Brownies are simple. Maybe it is in that simplicity I find them so intriguing, but it could just be the chocolate. Whatever the cause may be, I have developed a knack for brownies in my life for the very simple reason, I can make them. Cooking has always been something I have enjoyed where baking has always been more of a waste of ingredients and anger. Then somewhere in the middle of the disarray I found brownies, which are simple. Just five ingredients; chocolate, butter, eggs, sugar, and flour.

Brownies are happiness. Happiness is simple. Remember when you were younger? You were happy and when you were not happy, you knew exactly why. The problem was fixed and then you were happy again. As I age and life changes, happiness seems to become more of a project. I need to get to this point. I need to solve this problem. We begin to give ourselves ultimatums stating that you will not be happy until you find, receive, achieve ‘X’.

Remember when you were younger? When you were hungry, you were not happy until you got handed a PB&J sandwich, ate it, and then you completely forgot the moment of discontent. I know through life it can see hard and far-fetched but happiness can be simple, if you make it so.

PB&J Brownies
1 Cup of Chocolate
1 Cup of Butter
4 Eggs
1 Cup of Caster Sugar
½ Tsp of Salt
½ Cup of Flour

If you would like to add a little bit of your childhood:
¼ Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
¼ Cup Jelly (Your favorite flavor)
  • Heat oven to 350o
  • Melt Chocolate and Butter together
  •  Whisk Eggs, Sugar, Salt
  •  Add Chocolate to Eggs and Sugar
  •  Sift Flour and stir until mix is thicker but still wet
  • Pour Batter into brownie pan
  • Heat Peanut Butter slightly (30 seconds) in the Microwave and drizzle around the brownie
    • Repeat with Jelly
  •   Swirl with knife – do not over mix – do make interesting pattern
  •   Place pan in preheated oven and bake for 35 – 40 minutes
PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment