Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Blonde Kiwi Brownies

You many have noticed that I don't really talk about the brownie process to much, and I kind of like it that way. I'm not claiming to be an expert on brownies, I'm not even going to go so far as to say I'm good at making them. My motivation is simple, set a goal and see it though. It is something I struggle with and I know I'm not alone. The struggle doesn't always come from doubt though. It stems from trying to remember my drive, the reason I'm doing this thing in the first place. With that being said, here's a poem I wrote.

We are adventurers and we are dreamers
we seek mountains to conquer and go higher than we've ever been
we choose our path simply for it is the horizon we chase
we are instructors and we are believers
we take solace in the sun and in the raging river we find peace
we hold fear with the lightest touch and with valor we proceed
we are adventurers and we are dreamers 
We are free.  

And here's the brownie. 

Blonde Kiwi Brownie 

Kiwi Puree 

6-8 ripe kiwi fruit
4 tbls of sugar

- Peel the kiwi fruit and cut into chunks
- Puree the fruit and add the sugar and puree some more
- Pour into a sauce pan and bring to a boil (it will splatter so cover it up)
- Bring it down to a simmer for 3-5 minutes and remove from heat, set aside


Brownie

1 cup of white chocolate
1 cup of butter
4 eggs
1 cup of caster sugar
½ tsp of salt
½ cup of flour

- Heat oven to 350 F 

Melt chocolate and butter together
Whisk eggs, sugar, salt
Add chocolate to eggs and sugar
Sift flour and stir until mix is thicker but still wet
Pour batter into brownie pan (9 x 13 in) 
- Drizzle kiwi fruit sauce on top of batter and swirl into cool pattern (don't over mix)
- Bake for a total of 35-40 minutes (until skewer/cake tester comes out clean)

PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment